Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Whinelist: things users don't care about

Care of O'Reilly Radar, comes this great little post from PeteSearch: Things users don't care about. I'm in complete agreement with the list: no-one really cares about how much effort a project took, they are only interested in the end product and their own use of the product. Although I agree that singing "Nobody knows the troubles I've seen..." is not much help, I must confess that the list does break down into things users don't care about and shouldn't (e.g. your project effort), and things users don't care about and probably should (without necessarily having to be aware of them) into which bucket I would throw the "URPS" of FURPS: items like extensibility and architecture. Any way, it's a good post, and advice worth remembering...

No comments: